Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2010

We are about to put 2009 in the books.  We are going to wrap it up, put in in paper, tie it with string and relegate it to the corner and let it get dusty.  It isn't that I am bitter, which I am a little, it is because this year was bad.  It was not a good year.  It was one of Mac's top 10 but he is 9.

2009 was a year that had to happen to get us to 2010.  Without going through the hardships of this year, we would not be where we are today.  It is part of our growth as individuals and as a family.  I recognize that, but still, I would like to feed this year to the dog. 

As I look towards next year, I am in a position to make some radical changes to my life.  I am going to enter a new chapter and the page is blank.  I have been sad about leaving my old life behind, but now I am a little excited. 

So, my resolutions for 2010, are:

1) To get more healthy.  I am not sure if this really means lose weight, although that would help, but more a change in how I approach food and excercise.  I plan to be more aware of the choices I am making and try and make the healthier choice.  I think we can all benefit from trying to improve the quality of the food we eat and ensure that we excercise regularly.  So, we aren't talking about anything radical here!

2)  Do at least 4 things to position myself to get a job when Hannah starts school.  Some of this as already happened, but I need to do a few more things so that when I am finally ready to be employed on a part-time basis.  I need to cultivate some more connections and start to figure out what my employment will look like.

3)  Try and maintain a positive attitude.  I realize that this year has left me with many a rant about what is going on.  I would like to be able to look at the good in things and let the bad go.  It is hard to do.  Goodness knows I would like to hunt down Bob's old employers and do something drastic with them.  Forgiveness and moving on are what I would like to be the hallmarks of 2010.

I don't know what 2010 will bring, but I know that we will figure out a way to get through it.  Until then, I hope we make it back to Illinois without problem and that your New Years Eve celebration is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment