Friday, December 11, 2009

Didn't see it coming

It is interesting how when one thing comes to end, another pops its head up.  It makes me wonder if this happens because your are willing to entertain the option.  For example, about 6 months ago a felt horribly over committed, and wasn't quite sure I could keep all the balls in the air.  After careful consideration I decided to let a couple of of the balls drop.

I let a few too many balls drop, but based on my criteria they were the right balls.  No sooner had I let the last one go, did another opportunity pop up.  An opportunity that is more in line with my goals and beliefs.  It is an interesting thing how that worked out.

I haven't heard the fall out from letting the last ball drop.  I imagine I will, but maybe I won't.  Life is uncertain.  I felt a little bad letting the last one drop, because I really felt that I was letting some folks down.  But, sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

So, here we are, I am looking to fill the void and start the process of moving on to the next phase in my life, and an opportunity walks up and says hi, how are you?  Did this happen because I noticed the opportunity, because I was willing to even entertain it?  I know 6 months ago, I would have dismissed it out of pocket.

Regardless of how it came to be, it looks like I am going to be able to start to do something that is going to position me to do the next thing.  Start making the connections I need to be able to do the type of work I want to do.  I didn't see that one comin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment