Friday, January 1, 2010

Mistaken Identity

My whole life everyone has known someone that looks like me.  I have one of those faces.  When I was working in retail, people would ask me if I was related to so and so, because I looked just like someone in that family.

Being adopted, when this first started happening I thought, maybe these people are my "real" family.  As it happened more and more and more, I came to realize that the over all blandness of my features makes me look like someone else.

In the airport on the way home I was stopped by a woman in the airport.  "Are you famous," asked strange woman in airport (swa)?

Me: "Not on TV.  But my blog is read and loved by millions."

SWA:  "Are you sure, you look just like the woman on that TLC show, the one with the 12 kids."

Me:  "I am pretty sure I don't have 12 kids, just the 3 you see here."

SWA:  "Oh, well you sound just like her."

I have no idea what this woman sounds like, but I imagine she yells at the kids a lot?  Cuz I was a yellin' at the kids while we were waiting to get on the plane.

The woman in question is Betty Hayes, in Table for 12 on TLC.  Her picture is below, let me know what you think, do I look like her??


Anyway, I am used to being the face that everyone knows.  Sometimes this is good, it puts people at ease.  Sometimes it is bad, I would like to be me!  I guess yesterday I was famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment