Saturday, December 12, 2009

I signed up to do what???

Last night, I tucked the kiddios into bed.  They were tired from a long afternoon of playing video games.  I am a bad mother, wanna make something of it?  I came back down to watch a little Food Network or HGTV.  I had my warm blanket and my knitting.  It is some wild times here in the big city.  Wild times.

I was happily watching some chef make something I would never even consider eating.  Bob was working on his computer telling me about his day.  He prattles on like a 5 year old who just got a new toy.  He is seriously excited about his new job.  As depressed and mopey as he was about being unemployed, go to the other end of that scale and you will find how happy he is about his new job.  Every day, he practically leaps out of bed and giggles as he puts on his big boy pants and heads off to work.  He keeps this up and it won't be called work much longer.  I am glad he likes his new job, and I will get back on track here.

So, I am watching this chef make something out a chicken that should really not be served to people.  And Bob announces that his company is having a Holiday Pot-Luck on the 22nd.  Hmm, what Holiday might that be?  We joked around about that before getting to the serious business of what he is going to take.  I am going to be out of town on the 22nd.  I LOVE my husband, seriously I do, but 13 years of not having to cook for himself, his cooking muscle has atrophied and he is pretty clueless in the kitchen anymore. 

What can I make, freeze, and have him defrost that will 1) taste good, 2) not take up a lot of time to make and 3) not be expensive.  I immediately thought of all the frozen dinners I made after freezer-gate.  But, that work is done, and I sort of want to keep my meal portioned dinners. 

Since we have tons, and tons, of sweet mixes, I told him, volunteer to bring the cookies.  Do it now before someone else jumps on that and you get stuck with main dish.  So, he did.  Now, I have to make a cookie platter.  What the heck was I thinking?  I have to leave for California in 4 days. 

How does this sound... Chocolate Chip Cookies, Brownies, Chai Spice Shortbread, A fourth cookie to be named at a later date.  I think I covered the bases, a classic, chocolate, something gourmet, and well, if you have an idea for a 4th cookie, please let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment