Monday, October 5, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday was a tough day.  I generally believe that circumstances are just that, circumstances.  I generally do not think that the things that happen to me are personal.  But, yesterday, it was pretty hard not to think the universe was gunning for me.  It was all such stupid stuff, but I ended up fighting all day long.  I hate it when you fight all day long.

It all started with a phone call from the school. Mac has run up a 20 dollar tab in the cafeteria.  Which is surprising to me, as we have free lunches due to our financial situation.  Apparently, there is additional things available for purchase, who knew.  Mac was stunned by it all, and it wasn't really his fault, because last year this didn't happen.  I felt bad for him, but I also had to fight with the school because they are letting this kid, with a zero balance run up this tab??  I mean, it is October, you might have mentioned this in say, September??  Someone was asleep at the switch.

Then, Bob's car needed another $300 trip to the mechanic.  Which of course leaves us with a recommended repair list totaling about $2,500.  Do they think we are made of money.  Also, there was a coupon, that the guy forgot to take off the bill.  I now have to fight with them about adjusting that.

Then, Bob and I got into a fight about money.

Then, I drove across town and there was a whole situation at lunch, where some kid stole our chips.  It caused a big ruckus, and was very uncomfortable.  Then I drove home.

Then, I drove across town and the Dr. gives me a whole lecture about opening my heart to my kids more.  Basically, she shoulded on me.  I am having a hard time holding it all together, I do not need someone telling me what I should do.  Then I drove home.

Then, there was a whole uprising on ravelry, because there was Fake Fair Isle yarn in a swap bag I put together.  I mean, heated with mean words being thrown around and what not.  I didn't adequately research the yarns I received and play bad cop and send them back.  OMG!

Then, I felt like I really didn't have any support, because no one I called when I was at the edge of reason was home.  Seriously, everyone was gone, not just one person, the whole lot of pre-programmed numbers.  MIA.  I needed to talk to someone who was sane and they were all gone.  Perhaps the universe was smacking them too, I don't know, but call me k?


Then, I drove across town and I saw my friend M.  She was a smallish gift from the universe.  I felt much better.  Yeah M!  Then I drove home, a little happier.

Then, I got home and I was assaulted by the yarn situation...

No comments:

Post a Comment