Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Gyms

I know, I know, I have been woefully inadequate in posting anything.  Between my mom being here, Bob commandeering the computer and frankly having nothing to say, you all have been without a blog post for awhile.  I was on a roll for awhile there, coming up with something to say almost daily.

There are so many things rattling around in my brain, but none of them are a fully formed idea.  It is like I am in the early stages of pregnancy with the baby still floating and not quite connected to anything yet.  So, here I am in the embryonic stages of idea formulation and have a blank blog page staring at me.  What is a girl to do?  Exactly, close the page and do something else.  Which is what I have been doing.

Today, we went to look at a gym.  A new gym, with a rock wall, water slides both indoors and outdoors for the kids.  It is really nice.  It is affordable less money than our old gym.  My mom said she would cover the cost for it until Bob got a job.  I sort of want a cleaning lady more than a gym membership, but since I am fat and she is trying to keep me from dropping dead and leaving Bob with three kids to raise, I can see why she would choose gym over cleaning lady.

So, I think I am going to take the plunge and go back to the gym.  This will of course necessitate the purchase of new shoes and some work-out wear.  Hopefully I will be able to zip my jeans again.  Hannah likes the childcare area, so I can go during the day.  All the stars seemingly aligned and there is no sign up fee, but there is a one time administration fee.  How that isn't a sign up fee I don't know, but there you have it.

Shawna, very perky girl, showed us around.  She felt we should immediately sign up.  I like to think about these sorts of things.  I am glad she is busy enough to have not called me to thank me for coming by.  I think I might see if I can negotiate away the administration fee.  Perhaps, I can say, you are so perky, don't you think you can waive that for me? 

So, perhaps next month I can start complaining about having sore muscles.  Maybe it will provide me with fodder for the blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment