Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hayride

Hannah and I survived a field trip to the pumpkin farm.  We went on a hay ride and saw a spooky house and played some games.  It was nice to see who Hannah was friends with and all of that.

After 5 years of preschool, I feel ready to graduate from the hay ride.  I am over it.  So my plan to was to do a whole rant about how I hate hay rides.  Then I looked at the blogs of note.  Blogs of note are blogs that the folks at blogger feature.  Usually one everyday, but sometimes they miss a day.  I know, can you believe it?  They must be falling down on the job.

Can you imagine that it was your job to pick a blog out and feature it?  That is what I want to be when I grow up, Blogs Of Note Selector.  Or, Vice President of Notable Blogs.  How much fun?  There are thousands to pick from.  Some are really interesting and clever, and some are like mine, about families and kids and the art of parenting. 

Every time I read a parenting blog, I think, my kids are just not funny enough.  Seriously, we need to work on that.  Hannah managed to keep herself relatively unmuddy at the pumpkin farm.  She looked adorable in her winter coat, which now needs a spin in the washer.  Did I mention it was muddy?  But there were no grand dives into the mud.  I managed to stay on my feet, which is impressive any day of the week, but so funny.  Maybe I should have pitched into a mud puddle just for blog fodder.

See what I mean, the kids just aren't working with me on this.  How am I supposed to be a blog of note it no one is cooperating with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment