Monday, August 31, 2009

We are currently even

Yesterday in my email I found a notice from Zillow, stating that my house was now worth what I paid for it.  That was very comforting.  So, I decided to see what homes Zillow was using for comps, doing this I learned that one of my neighbors is in pre-foreclosure.

Pre-foreclosure, is when the owner lists the house for sale and trys to sell it before the foreclosure proceedings start.  There is one house on the street that Zillow says it is on that is for sale.  It has been for sale since before I moved in here.  Almost 3 years.  I wonder if it is that house.  I wonder if pre-foreclosure homes would have a sign in front of them, or if there is some special market of homes that are in this situation.

Needless to say, our current situation sort of stresses me out a little.  We are ok, right now, but by the grace of God go I, as we could find ourselves in that same boat.  I like to think that it is pretty unlikely, that Bob not will find a job before the money runs out.  That if it does run out, my mother will save us.  I like to think we have a safety net.

The houses we live in are the type that people were buying and sinking tons of money into back in the day.  There are people in this neighborhood who drive fancy cars and spend like there is no tomorrow.  I tell myself, it is one of those over-leveraged types that is in this situation.  But, the reality is that the family that this is happening to it probably really nice, and super stressed about it.

While I ask God everyday to help us solve our problem, to help us find peace.  I think I will also start asking him to help the family, who ever they are, in pre-foreclosure.  I imagine he has access to the foreclosure list and can figure out who to send the good thoughts.  If you have a moment, we would appreciate any prayers you have for our situation, we hope that we land in the right place, quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment