Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mac's Birthday

Today is Mac's Birthday.  I don't really have anything wonderful, inspirational, insightful or even funny to say about that.  After being in labor for a month, being in hard labor for a week, being induced for 2 days, he was finally ripped from my body by force.  I believe after they cut me open they used thoose jaws of life, you know the things they used cut people out of car crashes with, to force him out of my womb.  You can say a lot about Mac, but one thing is for certain, that kid wanted no part of being born.

This makes me think about being born.  There you are, all snug and toasty in this dark place.  There are muffled sounds and everything is good.  All of a sudden you are asked to follow the bright light and enter this big world, with all these sounds and other people.  They poke you, prod you, put clothes on you.  I imagine it is pretty scary and well, yucky.  Perhaps Mac was just on to something, being born isn't such a great thing.  Needless to say, I had some other feelings about it, and I wanted that 9 lb 2 oz, thing out of my body.

One last thought on the topic, perhaps on some level, being born is like dieing.  It sure is a radical change in your life and environment.  So, who is to say that when we die we don't go some where else.

So, welcome to the world Mac.  We hope your next 9 years are better than the last 9 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment