Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Report

A retraction: It is entirely possible that I implied that Bob did not put the brick on the laundry basket protecting our baby rabbits. That was incorrect, Wiley managed to push the brick off the basket in order to get at the babies. He accepted my apologies.

The Rabbit Report: The mother rabbit did not come to feed her babies last night. Two of them died. So, we have one rabbit left. We are not optimistic that it will survive. It is sad to dispose of the dead bodies, but in a way, I am relieved. It is such a pain to keep the rabbits and the dog separate. It is Wiley's yard after all. Like they say, they will make more.

The Spending Report: So far so good. I did buy some underwear from WalMart, I broke down. It isn't as nice as the department store underwear, but I hope it will get me through. I might pick up a few more pairs. Otherwise, I have been a good girl. I even turned down a trip to the yarn store, which was hard.

The Blanket Report: Up to 95 squares. The 100th square will be quite a milestone. I dyed some special yarn for the occasion. Bob gave me lillies for our anniversary and I took the seeds and steeped them in hot vinegar water and dyed some yarn with it. The yarn is a lovely buttery yellow color. It will be a fun square to knit, and since it is anniversary yarn, it should be used for a mile-stone square!

The Soup Report: I think everyone is up to speed on that. We are testing a Santa Fe soup this week, if it is good, I will post the recipe.

The Kid Report: Mac had is 9th birthday party. We had a sleep over. I allowed him to invite 2 kids. At one point someone asked why he didn't invite more people, and Mac said it was because that way he could play with the kids that where there. Good answer, but it was really because 10 kids would have killed me.

When I was a kid, I regularly got invited to huge slumber parties. 10 maybe 15 kids. God bless those parents. I just do not think I could do it. My mom recognized her limitations and I never had a party like that.

Tuesday, school starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment