Monday, August 24, 2009

Out of the Swimming Pool and into the Car Pool

Well, it has happened. I for one would like to offer up a trade. We will trade this week for a week to be named later. Can I place this week on the DL list? For which I might have to call up a week from the farm team. I keep hearing, sung softly in the background... the party is over. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

Since having children in school, the end of Summer Vacation, had usually evoked such joyous feelings that it is almost frightening. For the end this year to be so sad, is remarkable. Usually there is parties, with champagne, to celebrate the passing of vacation to school. The kids are out of my hair, life is good.

This year as I step from the swimming pool and jump back into the car pool, I am sad. Could it be that my baby is starting preschool and well, is no longer a baby? I put that transition off for as long as I could, I even moved to a different state so she could stay home for a year longer.

Could it be that we actually had a fantabulous summer? California was awesome, such a good time. Connecticut was the bomb freakin' diggidy. I was so nice to see cousins, friends and family. The pool was super great. The kids, for the most part, were really good, and we all had so much fun just hanging out. No schedules, no need to be a this place by this time. If you don't want to get dressed don't.

Could it be that if summer is over, time has passed and my husband is still unemployed? I do not look forward to a winter with him unemployed. Last winter was not so good. It makes me nervous to over-winter with him unemployed.

Could it be that if summer is over, the winter is coming?

Perhaps as in all good multipule choice tests, it is all of the above. We have had a wonderful summer, and I am sorry to see it end. But with every ending there is a new beginning, we will have new teachers, which we know nothing about. There will be new kids in the classes, does this mean new friends? There is a lot of possibility. With possibility comes uncertainty, and that uncertainty makes me nervous.

For today, we will party like it is the last day of summer. We will save you a shady seat deck side.

No comments:

Post a Comment