Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Three days out

So, three days into my spending program, and I blew it. I didn't even know I blew until like days later. It dawned on me like the waking of the morning sun, I spent money on something. I was crushed, it was so innocent.

The kids had earned free ice cream cones from a local ice cream shop. Actually I think it might be a shoppe. Anyway, I took them over so they could enjoy their treat. We have been working pretty hard to cram in all the free stuff they got from the reading program. I ordered 4 cones, I had 3 free ones and had to pay for mine. Granted it was only 2.79.

Now who remembers when a cone was less than a buck? I sure do. I remember getting 50 cents from my mom and going in to 31 flavors and getting my cone and change. But I digress.

So, I spent 2.79. It isn't so much the money, but the fact remains that I spent it without even thinking about it and the new plan. I really enjoyed my ice cream. It was really good. It was even worth the 2.79, in spite of the fact that I have 50 cartons of ice cream in my freezer. But the point is that I didn't even think about it.

I am not sure what the punishment is for falling off the wagon. But, I vow to climb back on and try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment