Friday, August 7, 2009

GRRR Knee

Yesterday, was a hard day. Mac was having a very hard time being a good boy. He was just in a bad mood. So I spent a large part of the day trying to remind him to be polite and nice to me. It is exhausting.

It didn't help that I came home from the pool, sat down and read my emails, and was told I was an embarrassment and that I didn't have my act together. I was stunned that someone who wanted me to do something for them would say that.
As I mentioned before, I am somewhat embarrassed to be affiliated with a group that can't seem to get their act together...I know we are all volunteers here but this has been going on since April. If in that time, I can go from being the the AVP, a full time teacher, a full time mother to being the President while having a newborn by c-section, I would think someone can get an answer back to us. If you need me to make any calls, just let me know who to talk to and I'll get it done.

I don't really know what to say to this. The question was already asked and answered, the answer was no. I guess that this chick didn't get the message. I don't know what if anything was communicated to her. It really wasn't something that she needed to know about, so it is entirely possible nothing was communicated to her.

I am from a "flys from honey" school of thought. I want to just tell her no again, because she is a bit difficult. I also now understand why her prior president needed a break after dealing with her for a year. I might need a break after dealing with her for a year.

I am not sure that no is the right answer in this situation, but I so hate to tell her yes, because I hate for her to think that her method of bulling will work. I don't want her to think anytime she wants something she can be mean to me and get it. But, I also do not want to make the wrong decision.

I want to say to her, that since April, I have helped my emotionally unstable husband get stablized, he has taken a pay cut, lost his job, and is now looking for one. I have been to CA, OH, WV, IN, PA, NY, CT. My son has been diagnosed OD with anxiety disorder. I have maintained my role as Big Sister (or area manager), and Activities coordinator. I have dealt with a huge bug infestation in my house. I have negotiated with the bank about my mortgage. I have done a couple of other major life things that I am not ready to share yet, but trust me they are big. All while supporting 3 kids and a husband. So, it isn't like I have been sitting around eating freakin' bon bons. Frankly, what she has been up to has been a cake walk.

Yet, because I am open minded I encouraged the leadership to reconsider. She pushed me aside, trampled on my head to get what she wanted. This is not how you do things. I want to smack her down. Anyway, my nice response is:

I am sorry that you are embarrassed by the leadership of this club, and that you feel we do not have our act together. Please keep in mind that this question, asked in April, was answered and the answer was no. Please also keep in mind that we did not ever get completed paperwork from you. I think that it is pretty open minded of the leadership to reconsider. I also think that people are advocating for you.
I just can not figure out how to tell her that what she said to me so offensive, and that she really needs to temper her anger before speaking with me. Well, I guess we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment