Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sock Wars V

Competitive knitting.  There are several kinds of competitive knitting.  The kind at county fairs, there is a master knitter certification and there is sock wars.  Sock wars is like assassin for knitters.  I get to knit a pair of socks for my target.  When they get my pair of socks they die.  This of course assumes that I do not get my death socks first.  When I receive my death socks, I send the project I am working on to my assassin and am out of the game.

I pretty much assume that I will die shortly.  I hope to have my socks completed before I die though, thus getting one kill in!  But, this is complicated by my recent spoon throwing injury.  My hand is still black and blue.  It doesn't hurt too much, but what will many hours of knitting on toothpicks do to it?  I hope all is well, but I have a bucket of ice at the ready.

So, as you are reading this post, I am knitting furiously on my death socks.  I have written the weekends posts in advance, so I won't have to worry about managing the blog while I work on my socks.  I will update you on Sock Wars, once I come up for air!

Till then, my yarn, purple death will kill!

No comments:

Post a Comment