Saturday, July 3, 2010

Big or Small?

The decisions we make today will impact our future.  The magnitude of the impact often has little to do with the size of the decision.  Point, I teased my boss about the size of his house.  Not because it was small, really, but because I knew it was a sensitive issue.  Guess what, it was one of the reasons he gave when we had our little chat, and he inappropriately let me go.  There is more to this story, but the fact that I made a small inconsequential decision in my mind, ended up have a big impact on my future.

Rarely do we have the opportunity to know what small decision impacted our future.  Sometimes we do. I learned a valuable lesson that day.  While in the end that situation ended up being in my favor, because their "reasons" were bogus, it was all about other things.  One of which was the size of someone's house.

Take from my lesson what you will.  Think, what small decisions have you made today that will come back to haunt you tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment