Thursday, April 8, 2010

Some Days

Ever have a day where you just need a hug?  Well, today was one of those days.  It all started out when Hannah and I had, what will probably not be the last, battle about what she was going to wear.  Since we tipped 85 ONE day this month, she has decided it is summer and she can wear her dress with no back.

Stupidly, I put the dress back in her closet after washing it, rather than letting it marinate in the laundry.  So there it was, in her closet.  She pitched the tantrum to end all tantrums.  I told her it is going to snow today, so we can not wear this dress, but she persisted.  So, I told her to put it on and go outside.  She did, and insisted that she was warm enough.  Ok...  So, 3 houses down on the walk to school, she melts into a quivering mass of hysteria and screams about being cold.  She literally ceased walking towards school, turned around and ran home to change her clothes. 

I took a deep breath, we went back and waited for her to put on warmer clothes.  During which time the boys freaked out about the fact that they were going to be "late."  Fortunately, we had left a bit early because the kids were agitated and I needed to have them doing something productive.

Dropped them off... whew.  All is well right?  Yeah, but I have to pick them up.  Apparently there was some difficulty with school that I had to sort out.  It is never ending.  So after a long day of dealing with screaming, whinny kids, I needed a break.  So, we went out to eat.  This was a bad idea.  The kids could not, would not stand still while we were awaiting the delivery of our food. 

I am cooked.  But, guess what, they are still at each other... I need a hug and a Mike's.

1 comment:

  1. sorry you had such a rough day. i have those days too. it's par for the course when you're a mom. then there are the rewarding days.
    *hug*

    ReplyDelete