Thursday, April 22, 2010

A long day!!

There has been a lot going on lately... Tuesday, at o'dark thirty (2:00 am, to be precise), I got a phone call.  Once my brain registered that the phone was ringing and I needed to answer it, I got the news that my friend was in labor.  YEAH!!

Of course this means that her 3-year old daughter is going to come and stay with us.  So, at o'dark thirty I put the dog in her cage, set up the sleeping bag and got things ready for her visit.  Then I rested on the sofa, and promptly fell asleep.  Fortunately, the dog started to bark when they pulled into the driveway.

It was a long day taking care of another child.  I had forgotten how labor intensive small kids are.  Yeah, she is only a year younger than Hannah, but still, having another one around... well, I am glad we only have three.  Sure if we had 4 I would be used to it by now.

I took the daughter to JoAnn's while Hannah was in school.  Apparently, she had never been in that store before, because she had to touch everything she saw.  She wanted everything she saw.  This was surprising to me, because her parents don't really buy her a lot of things.  They aren't things type of people.  To see her need everything was really funny.  She also did not say, "I want this."  It was "this needs to come home with me."  I am sure that is just they way her family talks, but it was cute to see the different phrases that are common place in one family and not another.

When we got home, we learned that the baby came and there was very little issue with the birth.  I am very excited for the family and their new addition!!

1 comment:

  1. congrats to your friend. did she have a boy or girl? her daughter sounds cute. :)

    ReplyDelete