Sunday, November 22, 2009

Love the Laces!

Lorna's Laces... it was a beautiful day.  The weather was perfect.  We didn't get lost.  I of course mapped it out a million different ways, and brought the Navi.  Get lost once, oh well.  Get lost twice, shame on me!  I was leaving nothing to chance.  We didn't get lost even once.  Yeah us!

I drove into the city, without fear.  I had my directions, the Navi and a local, I was good to go.  It was also Saturday morning, so traffic wasn't too bad.  We arrived at Lorna's Laces, found a place to park, where we wouldn't be towed or booted.  We then grabbed a bite to eat at a local coffee house, under the el.  Yeah, I sat under the el and sipped a latte.  Growing leaps and bounds here aren't I?

We then hooked up with other crazy knitters and went and saw the Lorna's Laces dye house.  It was so cool to see all the pretty colorways.  It was also interesting to see how they dye process works.  Sure they use acid dyes, and I use food safe dyes, but it was still a good learning experience.  I learned how to keep the colors separated, use your hand... who knew?  I also learned that I am really sensitive to acid dyes.  So, I don't think we will be using them here at the house.

The owner, Beth Casey, is really inspirational.  She quit her job and shuffled around for awhile and then bought this business, and she has really turned it into a top notch dye house.  It like to hear stories like that.  It reminds me to follow my passion.  Her husband is super cute, and supportive.  Sort of like mine! 

I bought a few souvenirs from the mill end table.  Which was good fun.  I can't wait to knit my goodies up.  It was a lovely day, with great company.  A nice way to kick off our week of de-stressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment