Monday, November 30, 2009

Brown Baggin' it!

I was going to do a post about mass customization.  But I decided one on lunches was more appropriate.  I know, don't all run out in the street screaming about the lack of a mass customization post.  It will come, it will come.  It has been bouncing around in my head for so long, I need it to leave, so I will write it.

But for now, on to lunches.  We packed them.  Yup, the kids packed their lunches, into the little lunch bags.  We put them into the fridge.  The night before school.  It was like the first day.  Everyone got their backpacks all set to go.  We even remembered to take the lunches out of the fridge this morning.

Bob packed his lunch.  He packed his brief case.  He got up, and put on big boy clothes and went to work.  It really is like the first day of school.  He too remembered his lunch.

We no longer have free lunches at school, because Bob has a job.  It was a happy moment in a perverse way to write the check to the school so the kids could get milk.  I have to pay for my milk.  Yippee.  I know, that is so unlike me.

We may not be out of the woods yet, but today, it looks like we are headed on the right path.  We packed our lunch.

******************

Some other unrelated topics:
*  I snaked a toilet yesterday, because all the plunging in the world wouldn't solve the problem.  It was seriously gross, but I did it, saved a call to the plumber, I am woman, hear me ROAR.
*  Hannah left the freezer open AGAIN.  Seriously, when do they learn?  Oh, and she denied it.
*  Is half way through the party the very, very end?  I don't think so.  I hate people who break the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment