Monday, September 21, 2009

Waiting

If waiting was an Olympic sport, I would win the gold.  I have been practicing my waiting for a good long time now.  Recently, it seems all I have done.

For some light waiting warm ups, we waited for the house to be ready.  Then we moved into waiting for Bob to loose his job, followed by waiting for him to find one.  Yeah, we wait, it is what we do.  I wait for the kids to get out of school.  I wait for people to come and see us.  I wait for the day when I am done waiting.

Right now, I am waiting for my Dish Rag Tag box to come.  Good thing my waiting muscles are good and strong, because that bad boy is in Carol Stream, waiting to get on the truck and come to me.  It won't be delivered until late in the day.  I mean, I could go to the handling facility, break in and get it.  It is right there, 10 blocks from my house.  I have to drive by to take Hannah to school.

Classic wait and then hurry the f-up situation.  Once that box gets here, there will be nothing but knitting like a mad woman to get it out the door to the next person.  I am planning to have dinner done before the mail gets here, so I won't have to worry about that.  I can knit while helping with the kids homework.  I just can't knit while I drive to knitting...

Soon, there will be pictures of the box, its contents and what is going out the door, but until then you will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment