Thursday, September 17, 2009

More on the Mulch

I know I shared that the mulch came, but now that I have a little more perspective, it really was more than just mulch.  The morning was really crappy.  I was mad at Bob and the kids.  I was tired of giving all the time and getting nothing back.  I was feeling sorry for myself.  I missed my old life.  I could have stayed here in this funk and had a bad day.  But the mulch came.

Free mulch, it was like a gift from God.  Random, I know.  Bob and I worked together putting the mulch out.  We got it done in record time, we had a good time working together.  Being outside doing something, really improved my mood.

We stole some tomatoes from our neighbor and had a yummy lunch of bruschetta and crackers.  We laughed about the fact that our neighbor plants the tomato plants for the rabbits.  He will think the rabbits were really hungry today!  I don't know if they were home, or if they would even care.

I picked up the kids, we had fun doing homework.  Mac and I laughed about the evil lair his teacher must use when he thinks up his diabolical homework assignments.  Alphabetize your spelling list by using the last letter, where do they come up with this stuff.

Yarn came to the house.  Some to stay and some to swap out. All was lovely!  So, what could have been a really bad day turned out to be a good one.  Don't decide what kind of day you are going to have just because you have a bad morning.  You control your attitude, it doesn't control you.

No comments:

Post a Comment