Thursday, September 24, 2009

Don't shovel during the snow storm

Monday, I cleaned.  I cleaned the bathrooms. I cleaned the kids rooms.  I cleaned the downstairs.  I cleaned from the time the kids left for school until the time they got home.  Then the kids got home.

Wednesday, I cleaned.  I cleaned the bathrooms.  I cleaned the kids rooms.  I cleaned the playroom and the basement.  I vacuumed.  I cleaned from the time the kids left for school until the time they got home.  When I was done, my house was Mother-in-Law coming to visit clean.  Then the kids got home.

Thursday, I was to busy to clean.  So I didn't.  Of course, the kids came home from school.

Friday, my mother-in-law comes to visit.  My house was clean enough for her to walk into it on Wednesday.  But she didn't come on Wednesday, she comes Friday.  So, here I sit.  I have gymnastics, a playgroup, a book sale and sunshine reading on Friday.  I do not have time to clean.  This would be why the house was clean on Wednesday.

She will show up and the beds may or may not be made.  The towels may or may not be clean.  The laundry may or may not be done.  Keeping in mind, I have cleaned for 2 days.  I have done 7 loads of laundry.  But the kids keep coming home.  I left my house, mother-in-law clean on Wednesday night.  I left for 3 hours.  By the time I returned, it looked like I didn't own a broom.  That my Dyson was in the shop.  I do not really understand how they do it.  It is like a force of nature, the speed at which they trash my house.

So, my mother-in-law will show up.  My house won't be clean, it was clean, but it isn't anymore.  The laundry will become a topographical feature, looming inside my laundry room.  The dog hair dust bunnies will hop around like no one knows the meaning of vacuum.  The kids will have left dirty hand prints on the walls.  There will most likely be toys on the floor that my father-in-law will step on, and break.  There will be untold bio-hazards in my bathrooms.  There will be dead ants in the corner, better a dead ant than an alive one, but I digress.  My house will have returned to its state of nature. 

But I go on the record by saying you could have eaten off the floors on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment