Friday, July 24, 2009

Sam lost a tooth and other things

Sam lost his 2nd tooth yesterday. I was so happy, as his adult teeth had already grown in behind the baby teeth. A condition called shark teeth, in case you are interested. When I discussed it with the dentist, I was told that the baby teeth would need to be pulled. I was putting off doing it until Bob had a job, but the came out!! I think Sam bit something hard and sort of pushed one tooth out, but once one was out it opened the door for the other one to come out... sure I helped a bit.

I also dyed more yarn. I used the same 6 colors, so the yarns are all sort of similar. Next time I may try mixing colors together to get some variation. But I wanted to see how it went with wilton colors. I don't know that I like them. I think that I might like regular food coloring better. I think that it might also be cheaper.

Some people think that because I am playing with dying yarn that I am going to sell it. I think that is so funny, my attempts, while making me exceedingly happy, are pretty amateurish, and I frankly couldn't imagine anyone purchasing it. I still get white parts where I have tied the yarn, the pink I used was pretty neon, etc. I call this batch of yarn, learning curve colorways. I microwaved the yarn, something to keep in mind is that mini skeins need less time in the cooker than a bigger skein. See, Learning Curve! Anyway, I will post pictures as soon as I can. Don't even ask me to buy it, it is for my blanket and it ain't for sale! There might not even be enough to share, which I realized to my horror this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment