Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lies

Well, I finally have an answer to the question that has bothered me since the whole thing with Bob. How could these people do this to us and still get up everyday and not feel bad about it.

The answer: (wait for it) ..... The lies that are the loudest are the ones we tell ourselves.

DUH. Of course, it didn't really occur to me that they lie to themselves. Didn't think about that. That is why everyone HATES Lynn, and she thinks she is so wonderful. She lies to herself. That is why everyone despises Leon and he thinks that he is a well loved boss. He lies to himself. That is why Joel thinks he is different than his in-laws, better than them. He lies to himself.

I feel so much better about it. I just wish I could be there when someone puts the mirror up and asks them to really look at their behavior. They are deluded. I guess we were a little deluded too, we thought Bob could handle the situation, and have a positive impact. Oh, and we believed their lies too... for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment