Monday, July 20, 2009

The odyssey - days 3 - 13

I could do a day by day blow of what we did. We spent a lot of time in the car. This gives a person a lot of time to think about what ever pops into their head. I listened to a couple of books on tape. One was fair. The one I am still listening to is about a child that is kidnapped and discovers this 28 years later. It is interesting to think about what the mother/child relationship means. The daughter was taken by her father because her mother is an achoholic. I never knew my mother, she gave me up after I was born. I imagine that she named me, but I don't know that name. The character in the story ponders what her mother thought about for the 28 years she was missing, why the mother never tried to find her. I often wonder what my mother thinks about. I know she has not tried the traditional channels to find me, because I am registered with all of them. I am not overly emotional about this fact, just curious.

It was great to see my friends. The kids loved seeing their friends. Everyone played really well together. The kids had a blast doing the stuff we used to do in CT. We went to the lake, the sprinkler park and the playground. We shopped a few deals and we went to a party. We also went to Quassy, an amusement park. The kids had never been there before, but loved it. Everyone had a blast, and we are hoping to go back again next year! A new tradition.

I was sad to say good bye to my friends. They sent me off with a van full of clothes, food and toys for the kids. Talk of next summer ringing in everyone's ears.

We are at my in-laws now. Waiting for my FIL to return from the Dr. He took a pretty bad spill in a parking lot. We will find out how he is doing when they return.

No comments:

Post a Comment