Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gifts

Yesterday was a big day in the Gift department.

I was on the phone with a friend and walked outside to put some mail in the box, and what was on my doorstep? A really pretty pink bag with green paper. Sticking out was a wooden stick with a blue bow. I wish I had photographed it, so you could see how pretty it was! Inside was a cookie decorated to look like teddy bear in a tux.



Isn't he cute? I thought so! I began to wonder where it had come from. I have gotten so many small tokens lately, it never occurred to me it was not ACTUALLY intended for me. I cut the cookie up and shared it with everyone. It was ok, as these things generally are not fabulous. I began to ponder who did this.

I know, I shouldn't eat something unless I know where it is from. I took a longer look at the bag. There was a sticker it said to: Tracy from: (undecipherable writing). I thought, oh, it must have come from Tracey. She has done some much nice stuff for me, this is a bit excessive. But something didn't make sense... this was delivered in the middle of the day, and she is at work, and her name is spelled wrong. hmmm... think, think, think, think.

Finally, Bob decided that it must have been for the old owner of our house, Tracy, spelled that way or our next door neighbor, also Tracy, not sure on how to spell her name. Mystery solved. Now the old owners have not lived here for 3 years, this begs the question, should we tell them or not? The cookie is long gone. We decided, you couldn't have been a real good friend if after 3 years you don't know where the new fabulous, custom build manse is so, we are silent!

Another trip to the mail box netted me a huge envelope of yarn:


I was overwhelmed by the amount of yarn sent to me by this lovely lady in Canada. It was so generous. I am sharing with my other blanket making friends! One friend is doing 2 and there is enough for her to do 2 squares! I was so excited. Anyway, it was a banner day in the gift department! Thanks, we needed a lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment