Saturday, June 13, 2009

California Dreamin'

It seems like a winters day here in not-so-sunny California... but that is ok! The kids and I have been chillin' with Grandma. She has been taking really good care of all of us. I think I might gain 15 pounds. That isn't such a good thing.

The thing I love about coming to my Mom's is wine time. It is absolutely my favorite time of the day. This happens during the space of time between the kids eating dinner and taking baths and going to bed. For some reason I can not recreate the vibe at my own house. But essentially, the kids play in the backyard (we have one of these at home) and my Mom and I chill. Sometimes my Aunt and her puppy swing by, but lately it has just been us. Mom usually has a glass of wine, I have been working on my May/June sock. The kids play together well... it is so awesome.

I don't know why we can't do this at home.. part of the problem is that the weather does not really allow for it but 3 months a year. Probably the other part is that after dinner we try and clean up the massive mess the kids have made during the day. Maybe we need to move cleaning up to before dinner and have that time after dinner to all chill together. I don't know, but for now I am enjoying wine time here in Cali.

No comments:

Post a Comment