Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Not quite home yet

I hope you have been enjoying the last week of posts.  What they did not address was what was actually going on in my life.  I have been on vacation and have managed to get enough things up ahead of time that I don't have dead air space for very long.

As I sit here, not having actually left yet, I know that a number of momentous things will have happened.  Or, at least I think that they will happen.  I get a pit in my stomach when I think about all of them.

First off, there is the trip.  It is a pretty momentous event that I load all our stuff and all three kids in a van and drive to Connecticut for a vacation.  We take it slow, so we spend 6 days in the car, round trip.  My kids are small and whiny, Mac is unpredictable at best, and I will not have any back up.  The whole thing always scares me.  There are some relationships that I have to deal with that are not comfortable, and I have some anxiety about that as well.

Secondly, something that I have not shared in this space is going to happen.  Or at least I have been told that it is going to happen.  I have been promised similar things in the past, and not had them come through, so want to keep this under my hat until it is reality.  If it does come to pass, it is pretty exciting.

Finally, a really bad, traumatic thing is, in theory anyway, going to be resolved, for now.  I have shared a little about some of the things going on in Cali, and there should be some resolution on that.  But, well, also, maybe not.

There will be a lot for me to write about once I get back.  I will be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment