Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Exciting Thing

So the other thing I supposed would happen while I was gone, was that something that I haven't talked about but was really exciting would come to pass.  I didn't want to talk about the fact that Interfaithfamily.com asked me to write an article for them, because I felt that too many things could go wrong between the offer and publication.  Can we say House Hunters?

For those of you not in the know, we were asked to be on House Hunters when we purchased the house we currently live in.  The issue was that we moved out of our old house and were in temporary housing while we awaited the new house being available.  The apartment complex we were in would not release the film crews so that they could film us in the apartment.  So, it all fell through.  But, I had told everyone and then had to say it wasn't happening.  Ok, back to our story...

I got the offer based on a blog post that I had written.  I know, I was shocked too, when I read the comment from a real live editor on my blog.  It was a stunning turn of events.  I agreed, and then sort of hounded them a bit.  I did manage to stay on top of things enough to get my article published.  The editor who asked me to write is has left now, and so what will happen in the future, is well, up in the air.  I plan to pitch some more articles and see what happens.  But, I think I will wait until the dust settles a bit over there.

I was also asked to be part of a blogging project by the same folks.  I don't know if that will happen or not, but one can only hope.

If you didn't get a chance to read my article, the link is here  Choosing a Religion.  There isn't a return link, but I think I am done here.

No comments:

Post a Comment