Thursday, August 12, 2010

A new project

A good friend of mine just told me that she is pregnant with her second child.  This comes after trying for a while and not having any success.  I am very excited for her.  But, it leaves me with a dilemma.  What to make her...

I am looking for a project that meets the following criteria:

  1. I do not have to buy any yarn to make the project
  2. I can finish it in time without wanting to poke my eyes out.  (Ok, this might be a bit much to ask for, because most projects make me want to poke my eyes out periodically.)
  3. I do not have to buy yarn to make the project.
Since I have a massive bin of acrylic yarn, the yarn of choice for any baby project, I have a lot of choices available to me.  But, I don't really have enough of any one color to make an entire project out of a single yarn.  So this leaves me with having to make a project with a variety of colors.

The prospect of doing intarsia or colorwork on a huge project like a blanket is completely unfathomable to me.  I can barely handle it on a stocking, let alone a baby blanket.  This leaves us with the options of stripes or some other scrappy sort of project.

After searching through the patterns on ravelry for awhile, I think the end result is another log cabin blanket.  I hate to make the same thing twice, but that project fits the bill.  Well, it does make me want to poke my eyes out, but if I set a schedule and stick to it, perhaps it won't be so bad.

This friend has appropriately reacted to hand knitted goods, so she is worthy.  But, she will still get acrylic, it is for a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment