Thursday, November 18, 2010

Un-Deactivated

I am having an identity crisis.  First facebook says I am impersonating myself.  They are pretty adamat about it, in fact they tell me that their decision is final and there is not appeal process.

Not being one to pay much attention to no, I email them back.  I tell them that I am me, and unless they can prove otherwise, they should reactivate my account.  As far as I am concerned, it would be a pretty good trick for them to prove that I am impersonating myself.  I am fairly certain the bank, my husband and a few others would be interested to learn that I am not who I say I am.

They email me back, and tell me that they have no freakin' idea what I am talking about, and my account hasn't been deactivated.  I attached the first email that said the decision was final.  I emailed from the correct account.

I guess my skilled powers of persuasion convinced them that I am indeed who I say I am.  I think I had them at passport authorities.  But, perhaps it was the fact that the state thinks I am me.  Or maybe, just maybe, it was all a glitch in the security software.

Regardless of what it was, I relieved to learn that I am, in the eyes of the powers at Facebook, me.

2 comments:

  1. That's so...weird. I mean, from a fraud prevention perspective, I'm trying to think of what it was about you and/or your actions on FB that would make them think something was up. After all, I accuse people of not being who they say they are on a regular basis at work. I am usually right, though.

    ReplyDelete