Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Deactivated

I got a phone call yesterday from a friend who wanted to know why I unfriended her and then hid my profile.  I was dumb founded as I had not been on Facebook that morning.  Aside from the fact that I wouldn't unfriend her, I was curious about how this happened.

I logged on to Facebook, and learned that my account had been disabled.  Apparently I am impersonating myself.  I would like to know who I really am, perhaps the real me has a better life.  At this point I have been impersonating myself since birth.  Well, technically, I was given my legal name at 6 weeks of age, so I guess I have been me since then.

Is that the issue?  The fact that I was a nameless ward of the state for the first 6 weeks of my life and not me, means that now I am impersonating me?  I am so confused.

When I deposit checks in the bank, sign the papers for my bank loan, and pay the bills, I certainly hope that those things are all legal, because Facebook thinks I am not me.  There is no arguing with them, because I am not me, and they are Facebook, and thus know better than everyone.

For now, my account is active, but I imagine that this will change at some point.  When it does, all I can say is good-bye friends.  I am not sure what remedy I have, but I am pretty certain, that I am me.

2 comments:

  1. That is so strange. I hope they don't deactivate you again. Facebook can be so annoying sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happened to a bunch of women yesterday. Some glitch with their fraud-detecting setup or something.

    ReplyDelete