Friday, February 4, 2011

12 Steps to a Healthier You

Last month, I talked about trying to eat more veggies.  I think for the most part we succeeded in that goal.  Sure, there were times when we slipped back and didn't have very many.  We did try a lot of new things and have even added a few new favorites to our list.  They are packed with veggies! 

Our new favorite is larb.  It is ground chicken with red curry paste.  Well, if you are grinding something, there is lots of opportunity to add veggies.  We added carrots, mushrooms, and even tofu to our larb, with no negative impact.

This month's healthy goal is to move more.  I think we are off to a good start, after shovelling for 4 hours yesterday, I feel like I am definately moving!  Granted it may seem like a hard goal when the weather is so yucky, but I like to take the kids sledding and walking around in the park during the winter.  It is a very different experience.   Now that we have so much snow, maybe some snow shoeing is in our future.

I look at this goal as more than just going to the gym, something I do 3 - 4 times a week, but rather a lifestyle change.  DO. NOT. SIT. ON. THE. SOFA.  When I am trying to move more, I try and adopt the attitude of "Just Do It."  Don't think about putting laundry away, just do it.  When I get in this mode, the house is cleaner and I am healthier.  It is a good thing.

So, our healthy resolutions are:

1) Eat more veggies
2) Move more

Tune in next month when we see what March will hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment