Monday, July 28, 2008

Hi, are you Susanne?

Ok, so here's the scene. It is 8:45ish and the Paul Arpin truck pulls up in front of the house. (Paul Arpin ROCKS btw) It is only a box truck, not the big semi, which I was informed by the 5 year old was not what I promised. He was pretty let down, but I digress.

So, the guys from Paul Arpin are here, give them the nickel tour of the house and they are getting boxes from the box truck. (Get it? Ok, well, I thought is was funny. Yeah, no one else does either.) They are bringing in the load and there is this young guy at my door. I say hi. He says, "Are you Susanne?" I say, "yeah." Now, I know my name is Susanna, but in the history of the world, no contractor has ever called me that. He says to me, I am here to look at the chimney. I say ok. He tells me that someone called him and said the chimney was falling apart. I said "WTF? I don't think so." I told him that the crown had cracked and that we had it fixed. He could inspect the crown. He said ok. I also told him that if he wanted to go on the roof I needed to see his insurance. He said he didn't need to go on the roof. He told me everything look solid to him, and he left. I thought GREAT!!! The AH's didn't come! Maybe they aren't so bad after all.

So I am in the house making food for the kids and I get this feeling that the swine were out there. Sure as poop, they were. We let them cool their heels in the street for a half an hour. After I was pretty certain that they had called the chimney contractor and talked to him, I grabbed the 2yr old and went outside and had a chat with them.

I tried to schedule the walk through, but they would have nothing of that. I also gave the realtor a piece of my mind about her calling my chimney contractor. She had the audacity to accuse me of not sending the information. Now, everyone that knows me knows that I am pretty buttoned up, so this is a ludicrous accusation. She was extremely combative, and I finally told her that we are trying to do the right thing. I was pretty upset that they keep kicking us. Have I mentioned that I HATE her? Hate is actually too mild a word. Unbelievable!

Anyway, the good thing was that she assured me that they planned on closing. I hope that happens. I really do, because if it doesn't I plan to sue them for liquidated damages.

Only 3 more days, only 3 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment