Sunday, August 26, 2012

Me?!

The topic for Thursday was:
It's all about self-love...
Compliment yourself (as many or as few compliments as you want) OR tell us about something nice you'd like to do for yourself (if money and time were unlimited). You can even do both if you want, but not required.
 
I have struggled with this, because I am sort of frustrated with things right now.  My van died, well didn't die per say, but started to make an expensive noise.  When we got home from getting a new van the house was hot.  The A/C unit no longer works.  We also just got a quote to fix the damage from the storm a couple of months ago and some rotten wood.  Needless to say, we are going to be spending a whole heap of money. 

The kids started school and that means all the activities have fired up.  I feel like am running at full tilt without a warm-up.  We have had teacher luncheons, soccer tournaments, soccer practices, games, kids fighting and all other manner of craziness.

I am frustrated because the weight isn't coming off as fast as I would like.  No one seems to be noticing the "new and improved" me.  I am getting tired of trying.

With all of this going on, it is hard for me to find time to say something or even do something nice for myself.  Right at this very moment in my life it is all about getting it done and making it through.  I do recognize that I have very big first world problems.  We are not sick or unhealthy.  We have the resources to weather this storm.

So, in the spirit of completing the assignment, I am capable of getting it done.  I am resourceful and I will figure it out.  I also think I am loyal and honest.

I asked the kids to say something nice about me (I am a good delegator) and they said:
  • Mom is awesome
  • Mom is pretty
  • Mom is the best mom
  • You are a very supportive mother.

I asked my husband to say something nice about me:
  • Kind, looks out for everyone, she is very patient.

So there you have it... feel free to add to the list.

Just as I published this blog post, we got some not so good news about a close family member's health.  Really Universe, it is time for you to go and dance the Salsa on someone else's spleen.

Want to see what the other ladies have to say? Check them out at: Froggie, Momarock, and Merrylandgirl.

1 comment:

  1. I like your approach to this. Sounds like you're appreciated for all you do. Definitely important! I'd like to add that in the few years we've known each other, you've always been very nice to me and easy to talk to.

    ReplyDelete