Wednesday, May 9, 2012

More letting go

Letting go seems to be my theme.  I mediate on the quote about Luke Skywalker.  Of course it is now, Confucious say:  Luke Skywalker, Princess Leah, Death Star, Close Eyes, Let Go.  As I am trying to let go of the past, I have also learned that sometimes you have to try and steer the train.  Or as a much wiser friend of mine said, lay the track so the train goes the way you want it to.

I have been thinking about that a lot.  As you steer the train or lay the track, which ever image you like better, it means that you accept what has happened.  You can not try and put things in place for the future if you are focused on what just went wrong.  You must be focused on the objective.

It takes a lot of flexible thinking to be able to absorb what just went wrong and formulate a new plan on the fly.  But, when things are going wrong it changes where you are on the road to your goal.  Now the path to the goal is different.  How are you going to respond to that?  Getting stuck isn't helpful.

Don't misunderstand me here. There is a lot to be learned from our past mistakes. But, those lessons are ones best served cold. After the situation has passed, then it is the time to reflect on the lessons you have learned. It is not time to do that when you are still in the midst of the chaos.

Yesterday, I pulled begging out of my bag.  It wasn't pretty, and I am still unsure on how well it worked.  I can't fight it anymore.  The fighting isn't working.  That option needs to be retired.  I am struggling with finding ones that will work in the situation I find myself.  For now, we will see how begging goes. 

I recognize that one of the issues I have is that my goal and the school's goal aren't the same.  I am trying to push the immovable towards a goal that they are resistant to, in spite of the fact that going to my goal will make their lives easier.  Say what you want about schools, they like it the hard way.

As I wait to see how my most recent tactic works, I am trying to lay down more track so that I stop being dragged.  I am trying with all my might to build relationships that I can use to help me figure out what to do next.  But, really, now, all I can do is wait and see what happens.  The outcome is no longer in my control.

So, as I meditate on letting go and death stars, I need to keep forward the reminder that I am only one person, who is horribly flawed.  I can only do and control a small portion of this situation.  I pray with every fiber of my being that things will go well and that when they don't I know what to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment