Thursday, February 23, 2012

Laundry Day

Today's topic is procrastination.  I was toying with the idea of not posting anything or posting a day late.  But, let's face it, I already did the post nothing thing with the Emperor's New Blog Post.  I don't think I can really pull that off twice.

I try really hard to live life the Nike way... Just Do It. 

I have come up with strategies to force myself to do things I don't like to do.  I have a friend that cleans the house with me.  I have a list of rewards I use when I have to have hard conversations with people.  I try and tackle life head on, and keep moving forward.

One of the few things that I do procrastinate about doing is laundry.  I wait to do laundry until it is a mountain that requires equipment to climb.  I wait until there is no clean underwear in my drawer.   I make the kids wear things that are maybe dirty-ish.  I wear things as often as I can. 



I convince myself to start doing the laundry by saying, it will be easy because there is nothing in the dryer.  Just run the machines. 



I then play the put the clean laundry in the baskets game.  Sometimes folded, sometimes not.



Finally, when we have resorted to looking for clean clothes in the baskets do I actually put it away.

I just don't know how to get myself to "Just Do It" with laundry.  Maybe someday I will.

What to see what the other gals have to say about procrastination?   Check them out at: Froggie, Momarock, and Merrylandgirl

1 comment:

  1. great picture of the mountain. i hate folding and putting away laundry too. i have the same tactics as you.

    ReplyDelete