Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mom is ALWAYS Right

This is the next post, in what I hope to be many as part of a blog project I am doing with three other ladies. At the end of my post I will give you the links so that you can check out what they have to say on our topic. Who knows, maybe you will find something else you like.

Today's topic is what advice did your mother give you?  It is sort of a backward nod to Mother's Day.  Like I  said, mom is always right.

So, my mother always told me that "this too shall pass."  When I was a teen, I never believed that the sun will still rise and fall and that I would carry on.  That the fact that this boy didn't like me, I didn't get asked to the dance, someone was mean, I didn't get the job, my hair looked funny, ment with 100% certainty that I would die, and the world would end.  I am living proof that I didn't die from all the horrible things that I worried about when I was a teen.  Further, I don't really remember all the afronts to my person I had to tolerate.  Oh and the sun still rises and sets like it did back then.

I have done things I am not proud of, and for the most part, the chips have fallen where they may.  Life has moved on and things are what they are.  It has passed.

Things have happened to me that I am not real happy about, for the most part the chips have fallen where they may.  Life has moved on and things are what they are.  It has passed.

This topic is so germain to my life right now that I almost had to laugh about it.  I had written this post a couple of days ago.  This morning I got an email that was not intended for me.  It basically said that this person was not happy with me and didn't want to work with me anymore.  I was really hurt by it.  I am still hurt by it.  I haven't decided what I am going to do about it, if anything.  But, I know that my mom was right, this too shall pass.  I know that in a couple of weeks that specific event will be forgotten.  I think that the negative feeling might still be there, but maybe that will be past too.

I will make a decision about how I go forward based on this information, but at the end of the day the sun will still set, the sun will rise up the next day and life will move on.  Other problems and concerns will crop up.  My life will go forward and eventually I will forget about the specifc event I am writting about.  I know with 100% certainty my wound will heal and that I will be fine. 

A little time boxing their pictures into oblivion helped too... but I digress.  I love to hit things with that big stick.  Gotta love a good day in the gym.

So, I leave you with my mom's advice, "This too shall pass."  My huband's thoughts on the topic are good too, "It is never as good as it seems it is never as bad as it seems."  That helps me get to the past part of my mom's advice.

If you want to hear what advice the other ladies mom's gave them you can find them here:  Froggie, Momarock, Merrylandgirl.




1 comment:

  1. i used to have a ring with this saying in hebrew: "gam zeh y'avor." i lost the ring, but not the saying. it's something that can be used in good times and in bad.

    ReplyDelete