Friday, January 21, 2011

Two years

Two years ago, and it is hard to believe it was really that long ago, my husband shared with me some very dark thoughts.  He was saddled with a great deal of guilt about how things were going.  His job sucked, our house sucked, and all everyone wanted to do was to go home.  While I won't go into details about exactly what he told me in such a public space, just know it was bad.

His boss told him every day that he was worthless and not valued.  That he was too stupid to live.  Well, probably nothing quite that direct, but that certainly was the message he took home.

Fast forward today, he is happy and things are going great.  His new boss told him that he is one of the top 5 people that they would keep should they ever restart the company.  So, if they sold the company he currently works for and then started a new one, they would want my DH at their side.

What a difference a few years makes.  Part of me wants to send the asshats at Pro-Source of Chicago a note and tell them, contrary to their belief, my husband is NOT too stupid to live, nor is he a waste of space.  That perhaps your charming style of management by fear and loathing is the issue, not the people.  I guess someday I will forgive them for breaking my husband, but I am not there yet.

1 comment:

  1. I think our husbands shared a boss. Did his boss move to the DC area? :P That is horrible what he said to your husband though.
    I'm glad he is happy and valued at his job now. That's how it should be!!! Same thing goes for my husband at his new job. I used to dread him coming home from work at the old place because he'd be miserable and snappish. (I love being with him, but the stress grated on me a lot.) Now I look forward to seeing him at the end of the work day because I know he's happy and fulfilled.
    May your husband's job continue to go well!

    ReplyDelete