Sunday, January 23, 2011

Beware

Beware of the naked man who offers you his shirt.  He is just trying to avoid doing the laundry.  While I realize that unless you are standing naked with the beds stripped and eschew use of any sort of towel, laundry is by it's very nature a never ending project.

That said, I am left to wonder why, after doing 7 loads of it today, I am still not done.  Oh, you may think that it is because I haven't done it for awhile, but the reality of the picture is that I do it almost every day.  If I miss just one day, I suddenly have 7 loads.  How does that happen?   Does the laundry pile magically replicate itself when I am not looking?

I swear that the pile was almost at the bottom when I loaded the 5th load into the washer.  Not really enough to do a full load.  But, when I returned to the laundry room to pull the dry clothes out and put the wet clothes in the dryer, the pile was taller than me.  If only my money grew at such an alarming rate.  I would not need to do my own laundry I could hire someone.

Laundry always leaves me with many unanswered questions, such as:
  • Why do the laundring instructions on the 100% polyester soccer uniform say Do Not Tumble Dry.  It is polyester, not wool people, why can't I dry it?  Why does it have to hang in my laundry room next to the woolies?  I pondered this question out loud recently.  The response was, "how much did you pay for that uniform?"  "A lot of money," I answered.  "Then don't question that tag," my friend advised.  I agree!  I will line dry that bad boy, at least until he needs a new uniform. 
  • Why is it that the child that hates underwear changes it, at least twice a day?  Maybe I don't want to know the answer to that.
  • Why is it that the child that refuses to wear pjs more than one time will wear the same pair of underwear for a week?
  • Why is it that I am the only person in the house that believes that unless it is visably dirty or smells it does not need to be washed?
Needless to say, I am not naked and the sheets aren't off the beds and we haven't given up towels.  The laundry isn't going to be done ever.  I guess I have 7 more loads for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment