Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Reconnecting

As part of the whole job loss thing, we are starting to reconnect with old friends. So many people have reached out to us, it has been amazing. It is just good to hear from all these people, some doing well and others also in the throws of unemployment. I am sure as the days go on, it will be nice to know that there is this group of people that care.

It is scary, because it sounds like jobs are going to be very hard to come by. It seems like seeds of growth are germinating, but it will be a long time coming before anything opens up. This is sort of concerning.

That said, I knit like crazy. It seems counter-intuitive to put pointy sticks in the hands of a crazed, stress-out mommy, but it really does help. Right now I am making a panda for Sam. It is a birthday present of sorts. I am also working on some socks. They are from a pattern for my May sock club, but may also be the June pattern. I didn't like the June pattern, so I guess I have another month before I have to start another pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment