Tuesday, May 26, 2009

On a Tuesday it Happened

After 9 months of worrying, fretting, and generally being scared, it finally happened. Bob lost his job. In a perverse way it is a good thing, because now we don't have to worry about him losing it any more. But, now we are a family of 5 with no income.

Bob was so despondent about his job, it was a very frightening period. The owners never respected what he did for them, and they were so negative all the time. Definitely from the school of management by fear and loathing. It just doesn't work, and Bob began to believe that he was worthless. I guess eventually you throw your hands up and do what you are told. Bob did some amazing things for them in the short 9 months he was there, he really could have turned this business around if they would have let him. OH well. The part that is so hard for me to cope with is that he now feels like a failure, when the reality is that the owners failed him. Now we have to fight with them about the severance. It never ends.

I started this blog when Mac started Kindergarten, didn't touch it again until we started this process of coming to Chicago and moved. I didn't want to say anything when all of the stuff was going down, but now I think I need to let it all out. These people stole my husband from me. They took the father of my children and left me to pick up the pieces. I hope that we are blessed with an opportunity that brings us back to a place where we are content. I hope we don't have to move again.

No comments:

Post a Comment