Thursday, February 28, 2013

Falling?

The topic for this week is:
Are you afraid of success? Why or why not? Are you afraid of failure? Why or why not?
 
I would like to start and really finish with my over-riding belief that if you aren't falling you aren't learning.  It was summed up by my yoga teacher very nicely, as we were in tree pose, falling all over the place.  If a person falls out of tree pose in the forest and no one is there to hear it....  but I digress.  As we were falling, she said, "It doesn't matter that you fall 7 times, only that you get up 8 times."

We packed up our entire family, sold our beautiful house, bought a less beautiful house for a crap ton more money, and plunked ourselves down in a new place.  A place where we knew no one.  A place that quite honestly after living here for 4 years, I don't like.  We did this, because my husband wanted to run his own business.  We were given the opportunity for him to try that out without us having to buy a business.  It seemed like a good idea at the time.

It wasn't.

We failed.

It didn't end well....    or did it?

It hasn't really ended, because we are all organic creations of our successes and failures.  We got back up.  We repositioned ourselves.  Things worked out ok.  You could look at where we are with one lense and say it continues to be a failure.  I choose not to do that.  We got back up.

My Dad, was a great guy.  When we would ski and I would be proud of making it down without falling, he would calmly look at me and tell me next time we would do a harder run.  When I run, I try and run faster and better.  I am always trying to do it better.  Every day is a new day, a new chance to do it better than yesterday.  If I fall.... I get back up.

Wanna see if the other ladies are falling?  (will they make a sound if no one is there to hear them?)  Find out at: Froggie, Momarock, and Merrylandgirl

2 comments:

  1. So true! That made me think of my younger son ice skating for the first time. He fell a LOT and never cried. He brushed off the ice shavings and got back up again. He even pushed away from the side to try it independently. I was so proud of him!
    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this... it's such an important mantra to live by. You fall... you get back up! Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete