Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Fashion Trends?

This week's topic is what fashion trends do you wish would come back in style?

There are some I definitely don't want to see make a return.

Where to start with this...

The pants are so bad.  They pioneered the adjustable waist before adjustable waists were cool.  The pants Velcro closed at the front, allowing you to loosen at tighten as needed.

The shoes, oh, how I begged for those Nike shoes... but still, tennis shoes, socks and ankle pants?  Umm, no.

The massive stripe across the front of the over sized jacket?   So, bad.

When I hear people talk about revisiting the style of the 80's, I get scared.  Let's not ok?

There were the over sized blazers of the 90's and stirrup pants.



I actually think that picture might be of me.  I think I had that outfit.  I fought the demise of stirrup pants for a long time.  I stocked up and wore them long after you could not buy they anywhere.  It was when someone finally said to me, umm, you know there is a reason you can't buy those anymore that I got the message.

So, here is the conundrum I have with this topic.  I look back at my "fashion" from the past and think, you know, it is best that those looks stay in the past.  For now, I will embrace my post workout look and jeans.  I have my own thing going on, and it probably isn't stylish, but it is comfortable and it works for me.

Want to see how awesome the other ladies look?  Check them out at: Froggie, Momarock, and Merrylandgirl

 

1 comment:

  1. I like your approach to this topic. It scares me to see some of the stuff I wore when I was younger and thought was fashionable. :)

    ReplyDelete