Sunday, October 7, 2012

The real story

This week's topic is to post about what US President you would like to meet.

Mac is super into Presidents.  Bob is super into American history.  I have listened to the two of them go on about presidents and history ad naseum.  At some point they start to sound like the adults in a Peanuts cartoon.  blah blah blah. 

I understand that those who do not understand history are condemned to repeat it.  But, I am so anti-political and generally over history that it is hard for me to pick one.  Interestingly enough, I think I would like to meet Nixon.  I would like to know what he hell he was thinking about when he decided to cheat.  Is it that cheating is so generally rampant that not cheating is a strategic disadvantage?

I would like to talk to his wife and understand what was going through her mind and happening in her life when everything went down.  It is hard to stand by your man when they do something stupid and get caught.  Even harder to do it in the public eye.

I would like to Nancy Reagan and ask her about what it was like to watch her husband's Alzheimer's become debilitating while he was in office.  I realize that this is not the story that is told, but behind closed doors, she had to know there was an issue.  What part of the cover up did she cook up?  How much of a roll did she play in it?

I would like to meet George W. Bush and ask him about what really went down in Florida.  Isn't is convenient that the state that tipped the election to you and had ballot issues was the state where your brother was governor.  What is the real story there?

I would like to talk to Barack Obama and ask him how much has he cheated to end up in office.  What sort of favors did he have to trade to make things happen.  I generally think he is a pretty stand up guy, but face it folks, he probably has done something shady at some point.   He is from Illinois after all.

I guess, things aren't always what they seem.  I think there is a lot of corruption in our government.  So, I would like to hear these men, who have great power, tell it like it is.  Truth serum may or may not be involved.

Want to see what the other ladies have on tap? Check them out at: Froggie, Momarock, and Merrylandgirl

1 comment: